Friday, May 2, 2008

Etsy For Animals


As you all probably know, I love animals! :) I am now a member of the Etsy For Animals (EFA): Artists Helping Animals street team. Each month EFA members select an animal rescue charity to be the Charity of the Month. EFA members then donate a portion of their sales to the Charity of the Month and to other charities of their choice.

Each month EFA members can choose to participate in the Monthly Challenge, which is a selected theme for the artists to create something for, and list in their etsy stores. A portion of the sale of the Monthly Challenge items goes to the Charity of the Month. This month's theme is "Some of our Favorite Animals", since I already make my items using my favorite animals I'll be changing them up for the challenge entry. I'm working on making one of each of my animals as a solid pastel color, and I will be painting a heart on each of them. :) I'll post pictures here of my work in progress after I use my dremel tool on them. To find everyone's entry for this month's challenge, search "team efa critters" as a tag on etsy.

Each month I will be posting here what the Charity of the Month is. The charity for May is Peaceful Prairie Sanctuary. "A safe haven for rescued farm animals who have been given a second chance at life."

No comments: